Winners of the 2022 Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association (APPMA) Awards of Excellence were announced last night at the 2022 APPMA Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner, held during AUSPACK 2022.
The APPMA Awards of Excellence is the national awards programme for Australia’s packaging and processing industry, recognising excellence, innovation, leadership and best practice.
APPMA chairman Mark Dingley said: “Winners in each of the eight categories were announced in front of a sold-out room, which was the perfect way to celebrate the best in Australia’s manufacturing industry. After being postponed from last year, the much-anticipated event was a resounding success and wonderful celebration of the industry’s achievements.”
The award winners are:
- Australian Machinery Manufacturing Award – SME: Trimatt Systems – Trimatt Systems – CardLine 7000
- Australian Machinery Manufacturing Award – Corporate: Fibre King – ‘Little Packer’ Casepacker
- Community Contribution Award: Foodmach Pty Ltd – Project Med-Con
- Import & Distribution Machinery Award – SME: Packsize – The M1: Global Modular Architecture and Advanced Functionality
- Import & Distribution Machinery Award – Corporate: Foodmach Pty Ltd – Mengibar MassFlow Filler-Capper
- Packaging Design Innovation Award: GS1 Australia – 2DBarcodes on packaging by GS1: Welcome to the new dimension
- Sustainability Award (sponsored by Nord Drivesystems): LACO Automation & Service – Circular Plastic Australia jvc – Recycling Plant
- Emerging Leadership Award (winners will have the opportunity of an ambassadorial role within the industry): HMPS – Simon Czudek, design manager; Rhima Australia – Saeed Mafi, mechanical engineer
The awards of excellence this year were reshaped around four main points: recognition, celebration, inclusivity and education.
Dingley said: “The 2022 APPMA Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner, with well-known entertainer Tim Campbell as MC, was a brilliant celebration, and the APPMA would like to thank our sponsors, without whom we would not be able to put on an event of this calibre.
“On behalf of the APPMA Board, I congratulate every winner for their achievements and every finalist — indeed every business that submitted an entry — on their efforts. The APPMA encourages everyone to spend some time looking at the winners’ and finalists’ entries on the AUSPACK show floor.
“The exhibition is still running today and tomorrow, and I encourage anyone who has not been, or registered, to do so. Come and experience and gain from the innovation and knowledge in Australia’s manufacturing industry at the largest packaging and processing machinery exhibition in the southern hemisphere: AUSPACK 2022.”