2014 CRN “Channel Chief” brings extensive expertise from Motorola Solutions and Sun Microsystems to lead strategic planning and execution for Zebra’s Global Channel Ecosystem
Singapore – Zebra Technologies Corporation, a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organisations’ assets, people and transactions, announced that it has appointed Bill Cate as vice president of its Channel Strategy, Programmes and Operations, effective immediately. Cate will help strengthen Zebra’s indirect channel strategy with a focus on the launch and ongoing management of the new PartnerConnect programme and tools that attract and retain value-added channel partners to represent and sell Zebra products and services around the world.
- Cate will be responsible for managing Zebra’s global channel objectives to achieve further success with Zebra’s partners worldwide, maximising the value of partner relationships throughout the ecosystem.
- Since 2011, Cate served as senior director, Global Sales & Channel Operations for Motorola Solutions, where he was responsible for consolidating multiple products and services under a common global programme architecture and driving high-impact enhancements to Global Sales and Channel’s systems and tools.
- In 2014, Cate was nominated by Motorola Solutions’ president and selected by the CRN editorial team to be a CRN“Channel Chief,” based on his channel experience, programme innovations and channel-driven revenue.
- Previously, Cate spent 20 years at Sun Microsystems as head of Global Channel Marketing where Bill and his team were instrumental in developing one of the most respected value-added IT channels, representing 70 per cent of company revenues.
- Bill earned his MBA and BSBA in Marketing from the University of Central Florida.
“Bill Cate is an experienced channel executive who has consistently achieved impressive results in setting and executing global marketing, sales and programme strategies through large-scale channel ecosystems. He has extensive experience in developing effective, efficient processes and systems to operate and grow the business while increasing the value for everyone in the channel.” – Mike Cho, senior vice president of Corporate Development and interim CMO, Zebra Technologies
“I am honoured to join Zebra Technologies. Zebra is a great company known for its world-class capabilities in working with channel partners and delivering innovative solutions that make enterprises more connected. This role represents an incredible opportunity to continue to enhance and execute a comprehensive channel strategy worldwide using what I have learned and practiced with enterprise technology ecosystems.” – Bill Cate, vice president, Channel Strategy, Programmes & Marketing, Zebra Technologies