The Sustainable Food Awards are now open to entries. Organised by Ecovia Intelligence, the aim of the Sustainable Food Awards is to give recognition to operators helping build a sustainable food industry.
There are five distinct award categories
- New sustainable product: Given to a new food / beverage product with important sustainability credentials.
- Sustainable ingredient: Given to a new ingredient that makes a sustainable difference in terms of environmental and / or social impact.
- Sustainable packaging: Awarded to new packaging format that has low environmental impact.
- Sustainability pioneer: Given to an operator that is a pioneer / leader in some aspect of sustainability.
- Sustainability leadership: Given to an organisation that leads in various aspects of sustainability.
The international awards are open to food and beverage brands, retailers and distributors, ingredient firms, packaging companies, NGOs, certification agencies, and related firms. The closing date for entries is 29 Apr, and the finalists will be notified by 16 May. The winners will be announced at a dedicated awards ceremony in Amsterdam on 16 June. The ceremony will be co-hosted alongside the European edition of the Sustainable Foods Summit, 16-17 Jun.
Award recipients will benefit from media coverage and industry recognition of their sustainability achievements. Winners and runner-ups of the previous (2021) Sustainable Food Awards were AeroFarms (USA), Cabosse Naturals / Barry Callebaut Group (Switzerland), Clif Bar Family Winery & Farm (USA), Nature’s Path Foods (Canada), OGGS (UK), Oh My Gum! (UK), Pacari Chocolate (Ecuador), Riverford Organic Farmers (UK), Sirane Earthwedge (UK), StreetCube (UK), and Trivium Packaging (Netherlands).